As per your requests, here's a recipe for that soup I posted over on insta last week.
My friend Maddie was sick and needing a little healing via home cooked nutrition and family time, so she parked herself on my couch and I rifled through my fridge for what would make up the best, quickie soup I've made in a long time! We paired it with some organic whole grain sourdough and it was the perfect supper for these cold nights we've been having in Brooklyn.
2 Field Roast Apple Sage Sausages (vegan:seitan), pulled apart into bite sized chunks
1 onion, chopped
5-7 cloves of garlic, chopped, not minced
olive oil (a decent amount for both sauteing and drizzling over soup and bread)
2-3 parsnips, large chopped
1 cup frozen organic peas
a handful of chopped collards
vegan chicken (or veggie) bullion
- In a large, heavy bottomed soup pot, heat a couple tablespoons of the oil.
- Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt, then add the sausage.
- Let it brown a bit before you add the garlic and onions.
- Give it 5 min or so until those guys start to cook through. The onions should be translucent and the sausage brown and fragrant.
- Add water to fill the pot about half way (or more depending on how many you are feeding and how big your pot is).
- Bring it to a boil and add the bullion and another pinch of sea salt.
- Add the parsnips and let it boil for 10-15 minutes until all the flavors start to meld and the parsnips are soft.
- Then add the peas and collards and bring it back up to a boil then turn off the heat.
- Spoon the soup into bowls and drop some cilantro, a drizzle of olive oil, and a shake of chilis on top.
- Eat with crunchy bread.
- Feel awesome.