Last week I had a serious craving for peanut butter and chocolate that lasted for days. I was totally craving dessert every night and didn't want to indulge too much, though the hunger and sweet tooth was nagging at me. Finally I gave in and made a batch of these bad boys. They were supereasy, about as healthy as it can get for dessert, and totally delish!
Here's how I did it:
1. I lined a casserole pan with parchment paper (next time I'd try for a 8x8 baking pan).
2. In the bowl of my mixer fitted with a whisk attachment I blended 1 cup of organic smooth peanut butter, 1/3 cup room temperature Earth Balance until smooth.
3. Add 1/3 cup brown rice syrup, 2 tablespoons agave nectar and mix again until smooth.
4. Then I added 1 2/3 cups brown rice crispy cereal and mixed until incorporated.
5. Then I added 1/3 cup granola (I used Cascadian Farms Oats and Honey) and mixed it all again until it was all evenly distributed.
6. Using wet fingers I pushed the mixture into the bottom of the pan in one even layer. It looked like this:
7. Next over a double boiler melt 1 package of vegan chocolate chips (I used these).
8. When the chocolate is totally melted use a spatula to spread it over the top of the peanut butter mixture thickly.
9. Let it cool in the fridge for at least an hour (better though for 2-3) to let them set. Serve them chilled or at room temperature!