Here goes: (Oh and sorry for not listing the ingredients at the top of my recipes in the past. I've received some requests to start listing them, so I will do my best from now on:)).
1/2 cup Earth Balance
3/4 cup maple sugar or maple syrup
3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced (when I'm making these in my home I don't peel them, I just cut them small. My mom likes to make things fancy and elegant, so she peels.)
6 steamed sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes (same here, no peeling for me)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an ovenproof dish large enough for all these contents.
- In a pan melt the Earth Balance.
- Add the maple sugar or syrup and the apples.
- Mix to coat the apples and cover.
- Cook apx. 5 minutes until the apples are soft.
- Add the sweet potatoes and mix well.
- Place it all in a food processor and puree until smooth (you can leave this stage up to your preference. Some like it chunkier than others and some like it supersmooth).
- Transfer the puree into the greased dish and smooth out the top.
- Sprinkle the top with a bit more maple sugar and place a few dots of butter on the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes until a little browned on top.
- Serve hot!
Try it out this weekend. It's perfect for a fall feast!