At least once a week I crave something superhealthy. And with all the crazy cravings and eating habits this baby in my belly has been throwing my way, I seriously need a healthy, filling feast now and again.
Here's how I made the soup:
1 Butternut Squash cut into 1" pieces
a pinch of Sea Salt
1 tablespoon Mellow White Miso
1 tablespoon Barley Miso
Shoyu to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the squash and onions on a baking sheet and coat lightly with olive oil and the salt.
- Roast for 45 min or until vegetables are soft.
- Put the vegetables in a soup pot with 3 cups of water over medium heat.
- Using an immersion blender blend the soup until it is smooth, but not too watery. This step may need more water as you decide how you like the consistency. I like it thick, but not too much like a puree. It should definitely be soupy.
- In a separate cup or bowl dilute the misos with hot water.
- Bring the flame down to low and add the miso.
- Add the shoyu and mix until incorporated.
- Cook another 5 minutes and serve hot.