I cheated a bit and bought a graham crust from Wholly Wholesome, but next time I promise I'll make my own and raw so that my recipe is 100% raw.
Raw foods are fabulous for warm weather. They are cooling and enzymatic and packed with immediately available energy for active days in the sun.
Here's how I did it:
Ingredients (makes 2 pies):
- 3 1/2 cups raw cashews soaked and drained (*a little tip- soaking longer and blending longer will produce a smoother filling like cream cheese, soaking for an hour or less and blending a bit less will produce a grainier/lumpier which resembles a ricotta type consistency...it's up to you;))
- zest of 2 lemons
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 2/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 2/3 cup agave
- seeds of 1 vanilla bean
- 1 pint of blueberries (or as many as you'd like to pack on there)
- 2 pie shells
- Place the cashews, lemons, zest, oil, agave, and vanilla in the bowl of a food processor or blender and blend away.
- Fill the pie shell with the lemon cheesecake filling.
- Top with blueberries.
- Freeze for 2 hours or refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Serve as is!