We've been doing the dance of figuring out each other's quirks and falling into a routine. The last few days have been great! The week or so before that, not so.
Bar is a fantastic baby. She's sweet and happy and abfab, 90% of the time. She's been having some serious gas issues and gets into these bouts of screaming pain. It's terrible to see knowing there's very little we can do about it. It was effecting our days and nights and we got into a cycle of delirium where we weren't sleeping for more than 2 hours at a time and it was making our days impossible to get t through!
Luckily, that phase lasted less than a week before we started to figure out what was going on and how to work around it. I've been experimenting with a simpler diet for me and some organic gripe water for her and we've both been doing amazingly better. I think we've got our groove;)
We've been going on walks, nursing like crazy, reading and rocking! That plus good sleep at night (considering) and the healing process is back on track!
On the weight loss front, it's been difficult with the lack of sleep to be preparing the types of foods I've been wanting to have around the house, but I've done my best to eat as clean as possible. Last night Richie and I decided we're going to start fresh. Here's the plan:
- No whites (flour, sugar, rice) and no exceptions! We're always supergood about this in the house, but often break the rules outside. No more!
- More fresh green juices. I'm making them at home daily and drinking them throughout. They hydrate, cleanse, and provide us with crazy amounts of healing nutrients and enzymes.
- Even more whole grain and less flours (even whole grain flours), so no breads, sandwiches, etc. unless they are sprouted grain breads.l
- Only desserts baked in this house, so as to avoid sugar, flour, etc. I'm baking with only whole grain, guten-free, with brown rice syrup and barley malt as sweeteners. Good, healthful stuff!
- Even less processed! We're pretty good about this too, but it'll mean cutting out the occasional tofu dog (which is really very rare) and the tofu cream cheese (which is a regular part of our breakfast).