We just got back from Jamaica late last night and I’m already back in the thick of things at home. We’re moving at the end of this week from the Village here in Manhattan to Brooklyn’s Park Slope. I’m so so sooooooo excited to move, but I can’t help but take pause and think about the things I love about my current home. Here are a few of my favorite things about this apartment:
- It gets light from two directions since it’s a corner apartment, plus we’re on the 2nd floor AND right on the garden, so our living room looks right out into a little tree orchard (which is about as serene and green as it gets in downtown Manhattan).
- It is in walking distance from Murray’s Bagels, which are by far and away the most amazing bagels on the face of this earth. Bagels make both Avi and I happy:).
- It is a block (and a half) from Washington Square Park where, on hot days, Avi and I can dip our feet in the fountain and play barefoot with the other kids and free spirits.
- The kitchen is a perfect size for all my crazy appliances. It houses a chef’s oven and cook top and an extra large country style sink. It’s big enough for me to turn around in, but not big enough for anyone else to join me in there (read: cathartic cooking time) and…it has a pretty big window.
- And if all that doesn’t make it special enough, how many of you can say this: my daughter’s first room was once the first room my husband and I shared together. How cool is that?!?
Here are a few amazing moments we spent in this apartment: