So, I know I promised some Thanksgiving recipes and got a little distracted this week (and I still am because on top of Thanksgiving and birthday, today is Hanukah), but I assure you they are coming. This one is supersimple, but makes the biggest difference from store bought.
1. In a large sauce pan empty the contents of a large bag of organic cranberries (apx. 1lb or 2 cups).
2. Add 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice, 1/4 cup water, 1/2 cup maple syrup. (For a more tart sauce use 1/2 cup orange juice and 1/4 cup maple syrup, but this will make it really tart, the recipe as is is not too sweet).
3. Bring it to a boil and then lower the heat and cover the pot.
4. Let it cook for about 45 minutes until the cranberries are popped.
5. Put the cranberry sauce in a glass container and place it in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to set.
And you're done!