Unfortunately, this fall, until last night, brussels sprouts fell into that category. Luckily I saw a beautiful basket of them at the market the other day and my mouth watered a bit, so I snagged them into my cart and took them home.
Brussels sprouts are supereasy to make, totally delicious and crunchy (if made the right way), and on top of all that: cancer fighting.
Yes, I said it, cancer fighting. There have been some fifty studies done on brussels sprouts on their health benefits in relation to cancer and basically what it boils down to is this cruciferous veggie offers superstong support to our detox system, antioxidant production, and our anti-inflamatory capabilities!
Here's how I prepare mine:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Spread the brussels sprouts onto a sheet pan in an even layer.
3. Drizzle olive oil on the brussels sprouts and roll them around to coat evenly.
4. Sprinkle them with a good amount of sea salt.
5. Roast them for 30-45 minutes until browned well mixing them around 2-3 times throughout the cooking.
6. Serve them hot!