I posted the pic above on my twitter recently and got a number of requests for the recipe, so here it is:
- 2 c whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 c organic cocoa powder (I like Dagoba)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp flax meal
- 1 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 c brown rice syrup
- 1 c almond milk (I make my own;), but you can totally buy it)
- 1 c coconut oil (I melt mine in hot water to measure it)
- 1 tbsp organic vanilla extract
- 1/4 c maple syrup
- 1 c chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prep 2 muffin tins with liners or grease them with some coconut oil.
- Mix the flour, cocoa, baking powder, sea salt, flax meal, and xanthan gum in a bowl until combined.
- In a separate bowl combine the rice syrup, milk, oil, vanilla, and maple syrup.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and combine until just mixed.
- Add the walnuts and mix in.
- Fill the muffin tins 3/4 full (should make 21).
- Bake for 30 min until a knife comes out dry through.
- Let cool for 10 min or until they are not too hot to move then transfer them to a cooling rack to cool the rest of the way.
These are a big hit in my house and totally guilt free! I don't feel badly letting Avital indulge. It can get dangerous though as I can over indulge too;)