Memorial Day Weekend is notoriously the first weekend of summer (regardless of that fact that Summer 2010 doesn't start until June 21st). And regardless of the fact that it is often not the most sunny and beautiful, we all prepare for hot days at the beach (or pool, or park, or stoop...) hoping for at least one or two. Here's what we pack for the beach:
- My Kindle!!! And I load it up with a few juicy ones. This time it's The Help by Kathryn Stockett which everyone has been raving about and Skinny Bitch: Bun in the Oven by Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin (research for the future, but mostly curiosity and a wealth of answers for all those challenging)
- Shady Day Daily Sun Protection Wipes SPF30. I can't stress how important SPF is. I wear it year round. While I LOVE the sun and being outdoors (especially at the beach), the sun is a killer. Literally. For all of you who love to bake in the sun under layers of oil (you know who you are) think: sun spots, leathery skin, wrinkles, melanoma, cancer, chemotherapy, I could go on. I've decided smooth, soft, healthy skin trumps that any day. Join the bandwagon! And it's so easy with these amazing wipes. They smell good, feel good on your skin, absorb easily, and are paraben-free and all natural. You can pick them up at Ricky's (that's where I get mine and I always stock up when I see them). I even use them on Avital!
- Aloe (just in case). Lily of the Desert makes a great, organic one!
- My superawesome Calypso St. Barth Cowboy Hat for reading in the sun and saving my eyes.
- My (as Vegan as they get) Birkenstocks (Birko-Flor in place of leather, cork footbed, you get it)