Last night Richie and I stayed up a bit later than usual watching tv with the shades open so we could keep checking the snow. It was so beautiful when it was coming down. I love watching the snow. And there's something giddy that happens in me on a day I'm waking up to see how much snow fell. I guess it's a bit of a throwback to my school days.
On a day like today you need to:
- Strap on your snow gear and trudge through the snow a bit (better off with your dog or kid if you've got one, they always make for a good laugh. Richie couldn't find little Sophie under the snow when she let her off the leash this morning!).
- Make yourself some hot apple cider (recipe below for spiced). It's the perfect day for it!
- Plop yourself in front of a tv and find an old movie to watch like Reality Bites or Interview with the Vampire!
- Waste the day away and love it!
Here's how I make my cider. Just like my dad did when we were growing up. It always reminds me of when my dad would make it for us on a cold winter day and he'd light a fire and we'd all sit around and watch a movie together:
- In a pot (size depending on how much you're making of course), pour out enough cider for you and your clan (I often buy spiced cause I like it very spicy and then add my own additions on top).
- Drop in a couple cinnamon sticks and a few slices of juicing oranges.
- Heat on medium heat until you see steam coming off the top.
- Serve immediately!